The Suite Life: 7 Dog-Friendly Hotels in Orlando
February 26, 2017
As the "Theme Park Capital of the World", Orlando has long been at the top of the list for family-friendly destinations. This now includes your beloved four-legged family member. Here are seven dog-friendly hotels in Orlando for Florida fun with pup-approved perks.
Five-star Perks for Small Dogs
1. Your pint-sized pup can live in the lap of luxery at a four-or five-star resort. Dogs weighing less than 25 pounds are welcome at Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. Perks include stylish swag like a Ritz-branded bandana and food dish.
2. Twenty-five pounders and under can also stay at Floridays Resort Orlando, which offers two- and three-bedroom suites, so your dog can even have his own room. Just be sure to hang the "Four-Legged Guest in Residence" sign on the door.
3. If your pooch weighs 20 pounds or less, treat your pup to the special room service menu and a posh dog bed when you stay at Four Seasons Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort.
Exclusive Hotel Pet Programs
4. The Loews Loves Pets program, offered at Loews' four Universal Orlando properties, means Rover can relax at the resort while you're riding the coasters. Your dog will be greeted with a personal note from the general manager, maps showing where to walk him on the grounds and a goodie bag with treats, bowl and nametag. The hotel can also provide an appropriate-sized dog bed, leash or collar during your stay. Your pup will drool over gourmet room-service meals like Bow Wow Tenderloin of Beef, and you can keep his tail wagging by treating him to pet-walking services or even a pet video.
5. The ARF program at the chic Aloft Orlando Downtown boutique hotel welcomes your pooch at no extra cost and spoils him with treats and toys. Your room will be outfitted with a dog bed and bowl before you arrive. For dogs weighing in at 40 pounds or more, you'll need to contact hotel management for approval.
6. It can be challenging to find a dog-friendly hotel without fees or restrictions. While budget hotels may not offer frills, dog owners enjoy the perk of a low-stress vacation when they use the fuss-free booking process to book La Quinta Orlano Convention Center.
7. The Red Roof chain loves dogs. Before you book a stay at Red Roof Orlando Convention Center, check their new pet-focused website, Red Roof Pets, for tips and current promotions. Both this hotel and the La Quinta are less than 10 miles from Dr. P Phillips Community Park, which offers a well-shaded dog run with water fountains.
Before you go, we advise checking with each hotel for specific pet policies and fees. And PetsWelcome.com and BringFido.com are great resources for finding other dog-friendly hotels in Orlando.