Kate Upton & LINK AKC: Helping Dog Owners to ‘Speak Dog’.
May 11, 2017
Supermodel, actress and dog lover Kate Upton and her Boxer Harley partnered with us this month to create a six-part video series to educate dog owners about how our smart dog collar can strengthen the bond between them and their best friends.
Fans will get an up close look at the special bond between Harley and “his human” and how the cutting-edge technology in the smart collar helps Kate play a more active role in managing Harley’s health and happiness.
A self-described “dog mom,” Kate Upton is one of 68 million dog owners in the U.S. that consider their dog to be a member of the family, and are looking for ways to better understand their best friend.
“Everyone knows I am obsessed with Harley. And I’m pretty sure he feels the same about me! When we’re together, the LINK AKC smart collar allows me to record and share our hikes and other adventures,” said Kate Upton. “When Harley can’t be by my side, I can still feel connected to him through his smart collar, which tells me his location, environment and activity levels from anywhere right on my phone.”
The LINK AKC smart collar and app incorporates sophisticated smart home, wearable and mobile technologies in an easy-to-use product that provides valuable insights for dog owners to give them peace of mind that they are doing what is best for their dog.
“Kate and Harley are the perfect ambassadors to showcase the functionality, fashion, engagement and fun of the smart collar that makes it a leader in the pet tech/wearables industry.” said Herbie Calves, LINK AKC CMO & SVP of Marketing.
Dog owners will appreciate the many features that provide benefits for both the dog and owner, including:
- GPS tracking and location: Gives dog owners peace of mind with the ability to track the dog’s location and to set custom notification alerts if the dog becomes loose.
- Activity monitor: Provides insightful activity recommendations to help owners take a more informed role in managing their dogs’ wellness. Owners can monitor and track their dogs’ daily activity levels to help ensure their dogs are getting the right level of activity for the dog’s breed, age, and size.
- Remote-controlled light: The only smart collar with a remote- controlled light to help an owner find their dog in the dark.
- Temperature: Alerts to notify you if your dog may be in an environment that is too hot or cold.
- Adventures: Record, save and share your special adventures together on social media.
- Training: App controlled sound that can assist owners in training their dog.
Check out the first two Link AKC videos featuring Kate and Harley today and sign up to be notified when the next video is released.
You can purchase the Link AKC smart collar exclusively on LinkAKC.com and Amazon. If you have any questions about how our smart collar works our support team is happy to answer any questions in our Help Center.